GASTROTAB® is a technology, developed by S.I.I.T. Nutritional Division, based on using coating agents that avoid the destruction by the digestive enzyme in the stomach, of the active nutrients contained in the tablets.
The tablets will dissolve in a short term in the intestine to allow the nutrients activity; the tablets are covered with food agents materials able to resist between 2 and 4 hours to gastric juice and then they will be dissolved in the intestine within one hour.
GASTROTAB® technology application benefits are:
1. Achieve targeted release at specific part along the intestine tract
2. Reduction of needed doses to obtain an equivalent therapeutical effect
3. Better relationship Q/P (Quality/Price)
TYPES OF APPLICATIONS
GASTROTAB® tecnology can be applied to finished products in tablets.
Each application of GASTROTAB® on finished products is branded and could be protected by patents issued or pending.
Production capacity (per day):
• Tablets, film or sugar coated tablets, modified-release tablets, chewable and effervescent (3 Mio)
Packaging (production capacity per day):
• Blister in PVC/PVDC or in aluminium/aluminium foil (500.000 units)
• Strips in paper, aluminium, polithene or aluminium polithene (200.000 units)
• Bottles in PVC, PE and glass (10.000 units)